OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Denny's 15 pound burger photos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightShadow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Denny's 15 pound burger photos Reply with quote

Surprisingly, the burger tasted fantastic. We were all expecting the burger to taste rather dry and dull, a tradeoff for the size of the burger. But, they mix bacon into the hamburger, which both kept the meat juicy, as well as providing some bacon flavoring.

Estimated result: I ate ~1.5 pounds (I'm the skinny guy in the photos Smile), Bryan ate ~1.5 pounds, and Heather ate ~1 pound.

When we arrived, there was a group of 4 adults and 5 children that were working on the 10.5 pound burger they offer, but they weren't able to finish that. When we found out that they only had the 10.5 pounder, we knew we were going to be in trouble with the 15 pounder. Smile And before we left, somebody came in to attempt the 2 pound burger challenge, which looked absolutely huge for only 2 pounds.

Anyways, we had a lot of fun, even though we could barely move to get out of the place. I'll upload the non-redundant pictures from Heather's camera when I get them, I only have my pictures available to me at the moment. Smile

[Edit] Why can't the forum software put multiple images in a single line? Anyways, fixed the broken thumbnail views.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ithon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Denny's 15 pound burger photos Reply with quote

That's a lot of beef....

That's all I think of, my mind is turning blank just looking at it, other then it reminds me of a cake. :ooo:
NightShadow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Denny's 15 pound burger photos Reply with quote

Yeah, that was a very large amount of beef. I've got a slab of the hamburger that I'm going to have for lunch all week. lol
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
salem

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Denny's 15 pound burger photos Reply with quote

Me wants hamburger :crazy:
I'm salivating xD

What was the deal? If you could eat one big hamburger they wouldn't make you pay the bill?
Discomb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Denny's 15 pound burger photos Reply with quote

why...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Denny's 15 pound burger photos Reply with quote

Quote:

why...

Dude, have you ever seen a 15 pound hamburger, let alone take a bite of one? That's all the reason needed right there.

Quote:
What was the deal? If you could eat one big hamburger they wouldn't make you pay the bill?

Go here: http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/ and click on the contestants link (a trophy on the left side of the page). The burger that Kate ate, the reigning champion, was the 10.5 pound burger, about a year ago. Since then, other restaurants have started making larger burgers (the 50 pound burger), so Denny's went up to the 15 pound burger. Here's a quick history of large burgers: http://www.ahamburgertoday.com/archives/2005/06/build_a_bigger.php

But yeah, simply awesome, and well worth the trip. The burger itself only cost $40, very, very cheap by restaurant standards.
salem

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Denny's 15 pound burger photos Reply with quote

Cool! If someday i go to USA i'll try to go to some bighamburgerie :p
Ithon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Denny's 15 pound burger photos Reply with quote

mmmm you need 3 gallon milkshake to finish that burger off.
(yeah I found something to day)

now all you need to do is tackle this...
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy's_Donuts]a big dougnut[/url]
eengoedemorgen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Denny's 15 pound burger photos Reply with quote

Imagene ordering that in a Macdrive Wink

Whatta ya mean I need a truck for the BIGmac?

Electronic Gaming Machine
LacticAcid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Denny's 15 pound burger photos Reply with quote

Is the burger like the 6 pound burger in which you don't have to order it ahead of time?

http://gh.ffshrine.org/?r=79123 (Go here for video game soundtracks, mp3 not midi)
NightShadow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Denny's 15 pound burger photos Reply with quote

Yeah, we ordered it when we came in. Somehow, it only took about half an hour. We're not sure what happened to allow us to get ours so quickly, but we were expecting to wait around 2 hours for it.
LacticAcid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Denny's 15 pound burger photos Reply with quote

Now if only they did this with a philly cheesteak...

http://gh.ffshrine.org/?r=79123 (Go here for video game soundtracks, mp3 not midi)
killer_roach

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Denny's 15 pound burger photos Reply with quote

Quote:
Now if only they did this with a philly cheesteak...

Amen to that... that would be freakin' awesome.

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Discomb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Denny's 15 pound burger photos Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:

why...

Dude, have you ever seen a 15 pound hamburger, let alone take a bite of one? That's all the reason needed right there.

I'm vegetarian.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Denny's 15 pound burger photos Reply with quote

Well, then the meat would taste even better! Very Happy

Fine, have you ever seen a 5 pound sans-meat hamburger before? Let alone take a bite of one? That's all the reason needed right there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: