OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

to buy or not too buy...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Tech Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grom_hellscream

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: to buy or not too buy... Reply with quote

yeyeye... my computer is Dead... like a rick...

i was thinking of buying some new parts..

MSI K9N Diamond, nForce 590 SLI, DDR2, Socket-AM2, 2xGbLAN, SB Audigy, PCI-Ex16.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0GHz Socket AM2 1MB, BOXED w/fan

Corsair Value S. PC4200 DDR2 2048MB Kit w/two matched Value Select 1024MB

ABIT UL8, ULI M1689, Socket-939, ATX, SATA, LAN, DDR, Sound, AGP8X

with this parts i shood get two computers up and running..

plz give me a _GOOD_ reason not too buy.. :sweat2:

it wil cost about 1000$

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: to buy or not too buy... Reply with quote

GOOD reasons:

1) If you're going for a new CPU you may as well get something with the F revision, though it'd be a lot more expencive.

2) Conroe is coming out sometime in July. That baby will own everything on the market by a _LONG_ shot. If you want a computer taht will be top tier for two years at least, best save up for that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: to buy or not too buy... Reply with quote

Quote:
2) Conroe is coming out sometime in July. That baby will own everything on the market by a _LONG_ shot. If you want a computer taht will be top tier for two years at least, best save up for that.

Nothing in PCs remains top tier for 2 years, regardless of how good it is... that would demand that people getting top tier are getting nothing better than what people were getting 2 years in the past.
Discomb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: to buy or not too buy... Reply with quote

By top tier I mean in the top 5% of all computers. Not the actual single best. :smirk:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: to buy or not too buy... Reply with quote

Depends on the Conroe... anything below, say, 2.2 or so won't be extremely impressive on release, although it will be rather inexpensive. However, it's almost two full months away from release in the US, and who knows how much longer before it is available for sale in Europe. Since you look to be upgrading relatively soon, and needing to get two computers working, this doesn't appear to be too bad of strategy.

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Grom_hellscream

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: to buy or not too buy... Reply with quote

hehe...

i was thinking about within the next month..

soon i get some payment for some work and vacation-money.

and usetheat money for parts to the broken computer..

i havnt heard of Conroe. can you find any info about it for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: to buy or not too buy... Reply with quote

Google it and you'll find more than enough. It's been all over the news for half a year now. To put it lightly, it's probably the most exciting thing in the CPU world since the race for 1GHz.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: to buy or not too buy... Reply with quote

Conroe, also known as Core 2 Duo, is Intel's next-generation CPU to replace both the Core Duo and the Pentium 4. It is an extremely powerful dual-core CPU, where the 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo would handle its own against a hypothetical 3.2 GHz Athlon FX. It comes out on July 23rd in North America, at price points between $180 (1.86 GHz) to $530 (2.66 GHz), and can be put into most current Pentium 4 motherboards (LGA775).

Early benchmarks are Here, but keep in mind these are still from unbinned engineering sample CPUs. Final performance may still vary.

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: