OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

firefox + quicktime
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Tech Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: firefox + quicktime Reply with quote

Okay I got it to play flash. I went to the apple site, and installed their piece of [filtered] itunes that I don't even want to have at all. Why do I have to install itunes to install quicktime? God, Apple is like a bunch a of nazis who want to take over my pc.

Anyways, it STILL isn't playing quicktime stuff. [filtered] this browser

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaah now I have a quicktime icon in my system tray that I can't get rid of, what is this malware [filtered] I have to install. Does apple want me to hate them, I mean before I just laughed at them and mocked them.

Now I [filtered] hate their guts.

/quit life

If anyone can tell me how to get quicktime stuff to play in firefox I would be appreciative.
Spockmeat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: firefox + quicktime Reply with quote

According to the FAQs, all you need to do is install quicktime and it'll automatically work.

Also, you should try the quicktime standalone installer. http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/standalone.html

edit: yep, just got that installer myself, clicked through the install, and it all just works.

Blind patriotism
Zelig

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: firefox + quicktime Reply with quote

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm
NightShadow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: firefox + quicktime Reply with quote

For me the installer worked just fine. I have had a few places refuse to recognize the plugin for some reason. For those places (and other random website troubles) I installed an "IE View" right-click menu extension. That way, I'm just 2 clicks away from viewing problem pages in the browser they were designed for.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Endy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: firefox + quicktime Reply with quote

The specific issue I'm having is that YTMND sites that don't use the flash preloader don't play the sound.
Endy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: firefox + quicktime Reply with quote

Quote:

GG apple itunes
Vuen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: firefox + quicktime Reply with quote

Quote:
The specific issue I'm having is that YTMND sites that don't use the flash preloader don't play the sound.

Quicktime won't get those background sounds to work. Forget about Quicktime. YTMND doesn't work reliably in anything but IE. Even if you somehow manage to get the sound to work, it won't loop properly in Firefox anyway.

Seriously, just get this extension and be done with it: (don't get the one Nightshadow suggested)
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/
It will take you three clicks and four seconds to install this. Then just restart Firefox, click Tools->IE Tab Options, and add [url=http://*.ytmnd.com/]http://*.ytmnd.com/[/url] and [url=http://*.ytmnsfw.com/]http://*.ytmnsfw.com/[/url] to the list.

That's it. It will always automatically use IE to draw YTMND, and it will be completely transparent to you.
Endy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: firefox + quicktime Reply with quote

Okay guys that works <3 to Vuen
Endy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: firefox + quicktime Reply with quote

omg that plugin is leetsauce
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: firefox + quicktime Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:

GG apple itunes

Indeed, alternative is excellent.
Spockmeat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: firefox + quicktime Reply with quote

Cool, I've never seen that plugin before. :thumbsup:

Blind patriotism
ouch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: firefox + quicktime Reply with quote

ok, wait a minuate... so your browser calls up IE because it can't display pages properly? [filtered]'s the point? just use IE...

ouch

scientifically engineered to hate StarForce

Vuen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: firefox + quicktime Reply with quote

No, because IE doesn't have any of the features, extensions, and security that Firefox offers. I only use IE to draw YTMND, because I know YTMND is secure, and I already miss my mouse gestures extension on it. Using IE for standard browsing is probably still a bad idea in terms of security, and certainly a bad idea in terms of ease of use.
ouch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: firefox + quicktime Reply with quote

I use IE, I don't have any problems with it. I think it's easy enough to use. course I'm one of those people who still uses the dos prompt regularly, so that might not be saying much... Smile

sigh, I miss the good old days of computeing. the computers were built like tanks, and drove like one too... lol

ouch

scientifically engineered to hate StarForce

Endy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: firefox + quicktime Reply with quote

Quote:
ok, wait a minuate... so your browser calls up IE because it can't display pages properly? [filtered]'s the point? just use IE...

Yes like 2% of the time it will call up IE, because like 2% of people are too stupid or lazy to make a website that follows universal standards and use proprietary IE extensions or rely on IE's inaccurate translation of HTML to get their site to look right.

IE: Explorer misrenders the page, HTML is altered so page looks correct under misrendering, now page looks incorrect on browsers that read the HTML according to the universal standards.

Microsoft didn't invent HTML, they just invented the feature lacking browser full of security flaws and innacurate page rendering that everyone uses because it's forced down their throats by a monopolistic software dyntasty.

Quote:
I use IE, I don't have any problems with it. I think it's easy enough to use. course I'm one of those people who still uses the dos prompt regularly, so that might not be saying much... Smile

sigh, I miss the good old days of computeing. the computers were built like tanks, and drove like one too... lol

LOL GL removing your spyware from your c:\ prompt [filtered].

Anyways, let me just stomp on your argument a little more. First of all, you realise that all c:\ prompts under windws XP are not real but emulated? So you're using the windows XP operating system to emulate the dos operating system, since Windows ME was the last Win OS to be built on top of DOS.

How is that different than using Firefox to emulate IE's incorrect page renering? It's not. At all. Period. Thanks. Asshat.

Anyways I'm not done with you yet. This is both a functionality and ease of use argument, not specifically one or the other. I don't give a rats [filtered] how easy you think it is to use DOS or IE or whatever the [filtered] else.

I don't care if you still use a true dos 6.0 prompt for everything. Theres no way in [filtered] you are going to make the argument that you can get all the functionality out of DOS that you can out of something modern and theres no way IE gets the functionality (defined as security, feature set, speed, accuracy) that FF does.

GFG. Thanks. :smirk:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: