OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Walked in to get a wii...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Y2K_MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Walked in to get a wii... Reply with quote

came out with a ps3! lol. Well, I was 7th person in line to get a wii, and guess what, they only got 6 so those 6 jerks infront of me got the wii's. But, since you're only allowed to have a ticket for one system coming in on that day, I took the ticket for the first ps3 that's came to this area in a few weeks hehe.

Enough of the cheesy talk. The ps3 is awsome so far, the wireless internet works flawless and was easy to setup. I'd like to add a wireless keyboard for websurfing and stuff, but that'll come later. The controllers are light, and honestly, I don't really notice the duel shock being gone since the controllers allow much more freedom. the system looks sleek on the outside, but weighs a ton for anyone who doesn't like heavy things lol. I've downloaded a bunch of demos from the ps3 shop which is fun since you don't have to go buy a magazine to get a demo cd. I got Resistance: fall of man for the first game and it's fun so far. Online play is lagless so far and It's getting me used to the no keyboard mouse setup. That's all for now. I'll get so pics some time in the next few days. Feel free to ask any questions.
Xinthos

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost is your soul.

Unless, I assume you acquired the PS3 for free with your ticket? In which case, that's okay. It's a good system, just way too freakin' expensive.

Wii for me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ewww. Launch games. You'd have been better off with a 360 and a year's worth of better looking, better playing titles.
Y2K_MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iunno, I just love the ps3 so far. Resistance fall of man is pretty fun, plus the demos and ps2/ps1 games I got are more than enough to keep me occupied, since the ps2 is truly my sisters (i bought it for her as an entering high school gift).
Ithon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, I would have bought the remaining wiimotes and extentions, that way the people who bought the wii can't play jack when it comes to multiplayer.

Or you could have yelled at the people in line saying, "I got the money B(#$#%^ez".

Still for me I would have bought only a wiimote, for PC hack stuff and I'm cheep.

which I am tempeted in doing, I have 100 american and I want to have fun with it on a pc. However, I don't have bluetooth (would by a card for that), and I do not have the time to or experience to hack a wiimote myself.

hmmm come to think of it you could install linux on the ps3, install the linux drivers from wiili.com, buy a wii remote, and then play with your wii in a sense on your ps3.
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's only if the OS has access to the wireless hardware, but it would be cool, no doubt about that.
Ithon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well originally PS3 planned that linux was to be pre installed on the systems, however they gave you the option of installing it yourself.
So far it's been two distros that have done so.
http://whitesanjuro.googlepages.com/

you have to do it Y2K, you'll be the first person to play omf 2097 on a ps3.
Xaronth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much about the ps3 at all to be honest, just that it's too expensive. And listen to ithon I want to see photos of you doing that haha.

I did buy a nintendo ds last week however with both castlevanias (got the preorder bonus yay!), phoenix wright and tetris ds.

Some fun banmeplease, I forgot what it was like to buy a new system. Still haven't even opened phoenix wright or portrait of ruin.
"A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'". -Ken Masters
Ithon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://ps3.qj.net/Using-a-Wiimote-to-operate-a-PS3/pg/49/aid/76508

a step closer for you.
LacticAcid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had a choice between ps3 and joint operations...
Y2K_MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill have to do the linux thing next week since i'm in ontario right now.
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xaronth wrote:
I don't know much about the ps3 at all to be honest, just that it's too expensive. And listen to ithon I want to see photos of you doing that haha.

I did buy a nintendo ds last week however with both castlevanias (got the preorder bonus yay!), phoenix wright and tetris ds.

Some fun banmeplease, I forgot what it was like to buy a new system. Still haven't even opened phoenix wright or portrait of ruin.

Both Castlevanias ? Portrait of ruin is delayed here until late february (bad for me, good for the wallet).
Ithon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh I played a demo of the ps3's game motorcross. When I first saw it running, I went, "eww that's bad", but when I played it was more like, "wait what is that doing there".
The graphics for that game where bad in a scense that it has early ps2 textures, but some physics and few post processing shaders that are in for recent games.
however, I didn't test out the other games due to the ps3 button not extiting to the main screen and I didn't want the attention of the EB games guy thinking I was a potential buyer.
Xaronth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raptor wrote:
Xaronth wrote:

Both Castlevanias ? Portrait of ruin is delayed here until late february (bad for me, good for the wallet).

Sheesh late February? I just started the game today, it's alright but so far I liked DoS more. Hey not sure if it's going on there too but make sure you see if you get a preorder bonus with it and if you do go ahead and preorder. It comes with a ton of stuff.
"A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'". -Ken Masters
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of curiosity, anyone actually gotten a Wii/Revoilution yet ? I am curious as to peoples opinions about it, I have not gotten one myself yet, but neighbour got one, but most of the games are so uninteresting as of yet for m part. From what i saw looking around at Eurogamer the only launch titles worth mentioning was the new Zelda (big suprise) and the Trauma Centre: Seccond Opinion. Everything else was fairly Meeh.

And face it, if Nintendo messed up the Zelda game they would not survive the next 5 days of mass zelda fan hatred invasion.

For my part, there got to be some more interesting games before it really is interesting to buy it. Zelda really looks like the only thing even worth my time atm, and I am not a Zelda fan(owning 4 different zelda's to 3 different systems and not liking a single one of them!).

Back in the time of Nes and Snes, Nintendo's greatest advantage was always its games, at Launch now, they lack that one.

Heck..... perfect remake of NES 8bit DUCKHUNT only adapted it for new controllers would have been enough for me to wolf the closest EB Games for days...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: