OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My car...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightShadow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, PBN. Makes me a little jealous, as I've been dreaming of an engine conversion for my MR2. Your car looks gorgeous, and I'm sure it handles very well also. Recaros are pretty darn nice seats too; I had them in my Saturn, and were a big part of the reason I hated so much having to sell the Saturn.

That BMW concept is frickin' awesome! I want one. I bet if you add that bullet-proof liquid material that they're developing for future body armor, it would be reasonable to make a car with a fabric skin.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PhreakyByNature

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey NightShadow! Thanks!

Which MR2 have you got?

I've read good things about the first gen and second gen ones in terms of handling and overall driving fun... second gen tends to spin out a fair bit so was considered dangerous I believe. All the more fun Very Happy

We both have RWD, but you have the mid engine setup which I have never driven - should be interesting!

I need LSD on mine :$
LacticAcid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LSD!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Idea Arrow Exclamation Exclamation Question Confused Cool Laughing Surprised Sad Smile Very Happy Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Arrow Idea Question

http://gh.ffshrine.org/?r=79123 (Go here for video game soundtracks, mp3 not midi)
NightShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LacticAcid wrote:
LSD!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Idea Arrow Exclamation Exclamation Question Confused Cool Laughing Surprised Sad Smile Very Happy Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Arrow Idea Question

Yeah, didn't you know? LSD greatly enhances the fun and handling of a vehicle. Very Happy

I've got a first gen, 1989. I'm pretty sure both the first and second gen's were considered dangerous, though I know the early first gen's were considered dangerous and so Toyota made a couple changes to later first gen's.

The mid engine setup is awesome, and my MR2 has an LSD. I've never been in a vehicle that handles better; I usually have more fun driving my MR2 than I do riding my motorcycle. Smile 'Course, there are some drawbacks; it's noisier in the cabin than most vehicles I've been in, and the engine compartment is rather cramped for maintenance tasks. The benefits far outweigh the costs for me, though. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PhreakyByNature

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha yes well the first gen wasn't as bad for snap oversteer!

My engine being at the front was not bad as a 1.8 but much heavier as a 2.5... and the original 325 sports had the battery moved to the back for weight distribution purposes; mine remains up front!

Need something heavy in the back to help distribute weight! Generally the key is floor it so weight shifts back, and enjoy the wheelspin Wink

LacticAcid - LSD = Limited Slip Differential Razz

I need to get it on mine but makes the difference between an open diff's $60 to a LSD's $600... But it will be worth it!

It's already a dream to drive on country lanes and a motorcycle in front of me was leaving me behind on the straights but on the corners I could glide faster than he could turn Wink

I need to get LSD and learn how to drift my lovely beastie, in case she ever catches me out in the wet/icy conditions!
PhreakyByNature

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: June my exhaust was borked and since then I have had a new system fitted free (replacement of borked one which came with engine transplant) and I recently got her serviced - expensive, but a lot of work done.

Tappets were an issue as was the power steering, timing belt etc being a very old engine from a beat up wagon 325i, but the cost was worth it... hardly any dodgy sounds now, steering is smooth as silk as is power delivery... and she passed the emissions test with flying colours - MOT is done! Smile

Now, to save up for the cost of insurance for Feb!!! Sad
takuban

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the 3rd Gen MR2's. Twisted Evil

Here's a few fairly recent pictures of mine:

It's a 2001. I have too many mods to list them all here, but I do have a JDM LSD that I recently installed. And as you can tell from the 3rd picture, I autocross my car. It was raining that day, so that's why my top and windows were up. Sad

Word.
NightShadow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I'm sooo jealous! I'd love to get me one of those! I'm hoping they'll drop far enough in price in a few years for me to be able to afford one for myself.
takuban

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd be surprised. If you have the ability to fix a few things that might pop up, you can get some pretty good deals. Especially in the winter months when people are selling their convertibles. In South Florida, I prefer driving with the top down in the winter to doing it in the summer since it's not as hot and doesn't rain as much.

Mine is pretty heavily modified, but you can get other decent looking cars for 10K or under. If you're really interested in them, check out spyderchat.com. It's a great resource for information on this car.
NightShadow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my problem is that my price range is like, 2K and under. My '89 MR2 is still really fun and is treating me well, it should tide me over until I can afford an MR2 Spyder.
takuban

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh. Yeah. 2K will not get you a 3rd gen for a while still. But if I were to have any other generation it would be a 1st gen like you have. Cool
PhreakyByNature

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

takuban wrote:
Don't forget the 3rd Gen MR2's. Twisted Evil

Here's a few fairly recent pictures of mine:

It's a 2001. I have too many mods to list them all here, but I do have a JDM LSD that I recently installed. And as you can tell from the 3rd picture, I autocross my car. It was raining that day, so that's why my top and windows were up. Sad

Word.

See, I have not liked these MR2s due to the fact they're mostly owned by hairdressers in the UK and they're just not as cool generally as the older ones... but yours looks very nice; proper racey
NightShadow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my car... http://www.leftlanenews.com/frazer-nash-namir-by-giugiaro.html Vrrrooomm!!!!

Er... I guess it would be mostly electric, eh? So... Whhhiiiiiirrrrrr!!! Smile

That reminds me... I remember somebody mentioning OMF in a comment to a news article I read within the last month or so... I'm pretty sure it was on leftlanenews. Was it anybody here?
NightShadow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My MR2 just became an MRBoat today! Crying or Very sad

PhreakyByNature

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah what the deuce?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: