OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Laptop/Vista issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Tech Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sinkaro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Laptop/Vista issues Reply with quote

Not quite sure what's causing the problem. But I knew I was going to be sitting around for the next little while, so I upped and bought me a new version of OMF: BG. But I'm finding a few compatabilities.

My most immediate concern is that the keyboard isn't working to enter my name and server name. While that doesn't sound like a big issue, it also happens to come in the problematic point of not being able to access the game menu while in game.

Any known ways to deal with this issue, or is that just the price of buying a bad OS?
killer_roach

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have had the same problem... haven't tried doing anything with BG in Vista lately, but it couldn't hurt to install Windows 2000 on a partition to see if it runs okay in that... oddly enough, OMFBG is one of the few (if not the only) game in my collection that I cannot get to behave properly in Vista.

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sinkaro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty, thanks a lot KR. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't somethin' I was doing.

Bummer that the glow still doesn't work either.
Zelig

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killer_roach wrote:
Yes, I have had the same problem... haven't tried doing anything with BG in Vista lately, but it couldn't hurt to install Windows 2000 on a partition to see if it runs okay in that... oddly enough, OMFBG is one of the few (if not the only) game in my collection that I cannot get to behave properly in Vista.

Yeah, OMF:BG is the only game I've tried on Vista that won't run, regardless of what I do.

Even Civ2 and Fallout1 play fine in Vista.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: