OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Catching up, 4 years and 2 Months Later...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stone101 wrote:
I joined the Air Force, spent a year at the Defense Language Institute in Cali, training to fly on gunships right now in florida...I only log on here every year or 2, apparently I am member #38.

Hey, could you do me a favor and drop a Tomehawk on these GPS coordinates ( N30 12' 18" W85 49' 41" )as revenge for not giving me the omf2097 source code ?

Would do my heart good mate!

Slvc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: I don't think Reply with quote

I don't think any of you guys knew me.. But I must say.. It's amazing how far people have come in four years.
takuban

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been close to 10 years since I've been in the D.E. offices. I keep meaning to head back up for a visit to see Rob, but I seem to be really busy all of a sudden. haha.

I've been working for The Man in various forms since then. Most of my exploits of any excitement have been posted already I think.
Ori Klein

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This place is still around? Hmm...
Even the ancient Subspace sites shutdown by now.
Though the game is still rolling, on one leg, with about a thousand or couple players.

A side project game that may never finish. Wink
takuban

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll host this site/message board indefinitely. So it won't go anywhere. It's currently not taking any new accounts though due to bots and stuff like that. I just don't have the time to dedicate to this site like I used to.
dvereb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

takuban wrote:
I'll host this site/message board indefinitely. So it won't go anywhere. It's currently not taking any new accounts though due to bots and stuff like that. I just don't have the time to dedicate to this site like I used to.

Good to hear! I would hate to see the forums go down. There is still a chance of getting games going every once and a while while the forums are still around.

Edit: Plus, if I won the lottery I would host my million dollar OMF:BG tournament and everyone already signed up would enter for free Smile
cardinalm7

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has it really been that long? Weird... My life has taken many turns... Don't play many video games anymore - most of my time has been swallowed by music. I'm a semi-professional singer/song writer now. I teach voice and music lessons in LA and I totally love it. I also teach at a pop school. If any of you guys watched AI, Allison Irahita went to the school I teach at (about a year ago). Always learning, always improving, I don't think I'm ever going to be done and I wouldn't have it any other way Smile.

Awesome thread - it's really nice to catch up with some of you and see where life has taken you. I miss this place a lot sometimes, I really felt at home here once upon a time. I definitely played waaay too much Very Happy.

Peace and love,
Cardy.

P4 1.7
512 DDR
Windows XP
GeForce 3 Ti 500 30.30
DSL
Xaronth

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cardinalm7 wrote:
has it really been that long? Weird... My life has taken many turns... Don't play many video games anymore - most of my time has been swallowed by music. I'm a semi-professional singer/song writer now. I teach voice and music lessons in LA and I totally love it. I also teach at a pop school. If any of you guys watched AI, Allison Irahita went to the school I teach at (about a year ago). Always learning, always improving, I don't think I'm ever going to be done and I wouldn't have it any other way Smile.

Awesome thread - it's really nice to catch up with some of you and see where life has taken you. I miss this place a lot sometimes, I really felt at home here once upon a time. I definitely played waaay too much Very Happy.

Peace and love,
Cardy.

You train any of the Iranian pop singers?
"A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'". -Ken Masters
cardinalm7

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: lol Reply with quote

yes, i have one Razz. she wants to be a pop singer - she's pretty decent.

P4 1.7
512 DDR
Windows XP
GeForce 3 Ti 500 30.30
DSL
flamincows

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is pretty old, but I felt compelled to post anyway.

It has been quite some time since I've visited this forum. Although I never really contributed much, I still had a great time here for several years. Since I stopped coming here I have finished high school, gone to college, pledged a fraternity, de-pledged a fraternity, dropped out of college, developed a drug problem, re enrolled in college, dropped out again, quit doing drugs and started looking into the culinary arts.

OMF:BG was really the only video game I ever got into (aside from pokemon), and since I quit playing I haven't picked up any other games. I have, however become very interested in Nerf: modifying guns, nerf wars, making my own darts, that kind of thing. It's just as nerdy and a bit more active, but it fills up my spare time nicely and it has a very large internet community to boot. Am I the only person here who has taken apart a nerf gun and tried to improve its performance?
killer_roach

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flamincows wrote:
Am I the only person here who has taken apart a nerf gun and tried to improve its performance?

My brother has a few customized Mavericks and a Longshot... he does modifications for the twice-yearly "Zombies vs. Humans" events in town Smile

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
flamincows

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mavericks are fun to mess around with and paint, but I've never gotten one to shoot more than forty feet flat. Longshots on the other hand have potential, but I have yet to get around to fully tricking mine out.

I have yet to play a good game of humans vs zombies although when I heard about it it made me wish I hadn't dropped out of school. I've got a pretty good group of people that I play deathmatch with a few times a month. It's amazing how much fun you can have with toy guns when the darts sting like a paintball that didn't break, and no one has any shame.
Haoshiro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang its been a long time. I keep wondering if we'll hear what Rob / DE is up to these days.

Myself, I've continued to work in "web development" and programming, but in the last few years lots have changed.

I got married, have two children, and have spent quite a bit of time developing for the iPhone. Great times!

I still need to play more Goban with raptor, though! Wink
MAD_DAN

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been too long. I don't think there's another place that makes me feel more old than this place ..but still, it has a good 'ol home feeling about it. I was surprised to see that only a page behind i had a post with what was happening.

Long story a little bit shorter than long, i'm still working at the same place, i managed to finally get that appartment i wanted, and it's been great finally living in my own place. However i've grown a bit apart from computer games, and i only play the good stuff (which lately is sadly lacking). I've managed to get an internet connection home (had to beat them with a stick for it) and finally got online.

Growing bored with the current games, i surfed through my old stuff and found omf bg, which i re-installed yesterday. I instantly remembered how fun it was for me and the good times i had (mostly lagging you people out of your minds with my Mantis), so i popped up on the boards, my account still alive, great stuff.

By now Ghoul probably put me up on his "people to rip apart with my tae kwon do skills" list because i haven't shown up online for about an eon. I'm gonna log in now to see what you're up to old friend ^^ Hopefully i'll be able to log out until you IP Trace me.

Well, off i go to face my fate then...see you and have fun ^_^
Raven

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss Crusher the Jaguar.

Scorpion Navy Issue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> The Game All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: