OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Xbox 360

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beastialman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Xbox 360 Reply with quote

So, is there a chance that OMF: 2097 and OMF: Battlegrounds would be released for the 360 in the arcade?

I think this would be awesome, I would love to play it on a 360. Anyone think the same?
Xaronth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
"A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'". -Ken Masters
Beastialman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be done, there are more than enough buttons (for 2097, I have yet to play Battlegrounds).
killer_roach

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's something that's been brought up from time to time, the main problems being rights issues related to 2097 and, for Battlegrounds, the cost of submitting to XBLA/PSN relative to the amount of work necessary to port it.

If anything were to happen along these lines, it would come pretty much solely from Rob pitching it to a publisher, which I don't see happening.

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Dzament

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still want to see BG Actually get marketed by a company that wont back out on them

then it would be a hell of a lot easier to find the 5 or so copies i still need for my LAN >.<

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure they could do it, heck, there are games that I'm sure we've never heard of, like "Cloning Clyde" or "Heavy Assault" (Heavy Assault looks like a classic arcade game, but more annoying).

The only concern I would have is how well a 360 could process BG, I mean I'm sure it could do it, but online multiplayer might be a bit laggy.
Malfrex
Ancient One

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plain and simple answer is: "Never".

2097 was a great game but if you were to take a survey of people as to their favorite "classic" fighter, I think 2097 would be in the lower percentile.

OMF: BG, admittedly, never turned out to be the game it could have been due to monetary/time constraints and other issues I personally feel afflicted it but have discussed before.

As for switching either over to XBL Rob would never get the time and money he put into making it back out. Microsoft, like every other console, has rigorous testing standards that you have to pay THEM to go through each and every time you think it's final. If they find an issue with it you have to fix it, then pay to have it re-submitted for testing. Then, even if you do pass their tests you release it on XBL when THEY want to release it. For all the love people give consoles, they're a pain in the ass to work with.

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
i7 3770k (will OC @4.5Ghz)
2x8GB G.SKILL DDR3-2600
MSI 7970 3GB
Crucial M4 128GB
~7.4TB RAID 5 (3x 4TB)
Beastialman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slasher wrote:

2097 was a great game but if you were to take a survey of people as to their favorite "classic" fighter, I think 2097 would be in the lower percentile.

OMF: BG, admittedly, never turned out to be the game it could have been due to monetary/time constraints and other issues I personally feel afflicted it but have discussed before.

As for switching either over to XBL Rob would never get the time and money he put into making it back out. Microsoft, like every other console, has rigorous testing standards that you have to pay THEM to go through each and every time you think it's final. If they find an issue with it you have to fix it, then pay to have it re-submitted for testing. Then, even if you do pass their tests you release it on XBL when THEY want to release it. For all the love people give consoles, they're a pain in the ass to work with.

Sad
killer_roach

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slasher wrote:

Pretty much as I was saying; due to the costs involved, the only feasible chance of it happening would be for Rob to entrust the project to another publisher to handle, and I don't think ceding even partial control over his intellectual property is something likely to happen in the near future, if ever.

I've heard Microsoft is changing around some of the fees for patching a 360 retail or XBLA title to allow for one free patch, but I don't see that bringing it into the realm of feasibility still. As you mentioned, it's a feedback loop, with money leaving your wallet each time it gets shipped off to Redmond.

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Robyrt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read up on Jonathan Blow's trials and travails getting his game Braid submitted for XBLA. Yes, he made money off it, but it took tens of thousands of dollars to get past certification - that's a mighty big risk.
Not to mention that if you wanted to polish up BG for a future release, you'd have to go back and fix some of the existing code, not just put an Xbox frontend on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> The Game All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: