OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OMF 2097 on Wii - Done.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhreakyByNature

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: OMF 2097 on Wii - Done. Reply with quote

Yes, with Homebrew Channel, DOSBox and ze game of 2097, as seen in the above screenie, my friend loaded 2097 on the Wii... although he never kept up with BG development, he introduced me to 2097 originally... Well done that man!
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, how well dos Dosbox work on Wii ?

And thus the follow-up-question, how far is he able to get this to work on the Wii ?

I'm assuming some sort of specialized wii version of DosBox, to handle the controls and hardware ?
PhreakyByNature

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raptor wrote:
Interesting, how well dos Dosbox work on Wii ?

And thus the follow-up-question, how far is he able to get this to work on the Wii ?

I'm assuming some sort of specialized wii version of DosBox, to handle the controls and hardware ?

I'll let you know when he figures it out... can use a USB keyboard with it so, that can work... then set up a gamepad if Dosbox reads it.

At the moment needs a keyboard to get past that screen and in his house there are none anymore... I had the last when I used to live there :p

But DOSBox is a Homebrew application as well as snes, nes, n64, atari, mame and other emulators... The best thing to happen to the Wii in ages, and really justify its existence beyond pure family gaming...!
Spockmeat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, I'll need to check this out further at some point. I hadn't realized someone managed to get DosBox working on the wii already. Nice find!

Blind patriotism
PhreakyByNature

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spockmeat wrote:
wow, I'll need to check this out further at some point. I hadn't realized someone managed to get DosBox working on the wii already. Nice find!

You need to use the Homebrew channel and that lets you do loads of things on the Wii, including play DVDs, mp3s, stream radio, run DOSBox, play doom II, Wolf3D etc... Wink

Gotta love hackers Wink
Mogusha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suppose there would have to be some sort of virtual keyboard in order to type on the console. I suppose you could use that. You'd just have to be quick with the wiimote and hit the correct buttons before you get your buttocks handed to you. Razz
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I do believe you can also map keys/commands, so you could set it to respond to the wii-mote in same way as a gamepad. I really should get around to even try this. But I'm rather lazy when it comes to this kinda stuff :(

(Also good to see there is still life in you Gus, you really should speak up a bit more frequent!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> The Game All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: