OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for modeler for OMF remake
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MobileNow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh heh. Old company name. Google PowerDNN . Smile I'm Tony Valenti.
Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The major killer of all the OMF remake projects was a severe lack of structure & communication and failure to accomplish what we set out to do.

So I'm going to try and model Shredder for you. Just shredder. If I don't respond with some form of progress report in 1 week from this post, assume I am not capable of finishing the model. I'll post an image or the mesh in .3ds as I make progress.

Scorpion Navy Issue
xavior

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven, if you'd like to hop on board the team and lend a hand, I'd be more than glad to have ya Smile

I agree with what you said about communication in previous mods, and it might be best if you get in touch with my current modeler (Hawki_ice) or myself via Steam. Send me a PM for details. Thanks,
Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xavior, I post on this forum with my phone because that' the only internet I have. Obviously, Steam is completely out of the question, as are most internet based forms of messaging. I can't keep in touch outside of this forum and I couldn't keep up with development between work and lousy 2g internet. I promised only one mesh for a reason.

Also, pics of first release of mesh.

Scorpion Navy Issue
xavior

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven: sounds good. If you could e-mail it to Hawki when it's ready, that should suffice Smile BTW, he's working with milkshape, so if you could save it to a format that works for that, please do ^^

Looking good so far!
Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM me with his email address. He'll have to understand that I use Wings 3D, which means he's going have to add the skeleton and animate the model on his own. Will work on Shredder mk2 after work (he's not stocky enough compared to original).

Scorpion Navy Issue
Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shredder MK2:

Ground-up redesign of the torso to better match the original. Arms and legs 120% bigger, but not any longer. Dozens of other tweaks. Calling it final.

Download link via Rapidshare

EDIT: Download link removed. Filedropped giving me bad downloads. 52kB must be too much for them. Rapidshare link given.

Scorpion Navy Issue

Last edited by Raven on Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
xavior

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good! I'm sure hawki will have great fun animating it Wink

Also, just so everyone knows.. Jaguar's normals are now implemented!

Keep an eye out for some jag action @ QExpo 2011 Smile
xavior

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The booth is up!

Nothing really special to show off just yet, but hey.. it's here :>

Also, let me know what you all think of the story/name. It's still early, and I'm still open to suggestions (Just so long as we don't call it Super OMF 2097 Turbo Arcade Edition..)
Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an old saying: don't count your chickens before they hatch. Granted, the in game screens are nice, but my mesh up there doesn't do the game any good. Hawki_ice has yet to send me any form of acknowledgement that he got my email or even knows about this mesh. Like I mentioned before, communication is good. Without it we're sitting in the dark.
Honestly, a central hub for communication would be nice. This forum could work, since it's already here and more OMF die-hards already know about it.

Moving on...

The development of Shredder went pretty quickly. 2 days got me a moderately accurate mesh and with any luck Hawki_ice has gotten my email or just downloaded Shredder from here. So while I wait for some sort of response from Hawki_ice I am going to go ahead with a Pyros model.

The terms of the contribution are the same. One week from this post without response means I cannot or will not finish. As before I'll post screen shots of progress and meshes after completion. Hawki_ice is on his own to add the flame decal. I just can't do a faithful recreation of that.

Scorpion Navy Issue
xavior

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven: yeah, all understood, and all good bro Smile I told Hawki_ice to shoot you back an e-mail on the status of the model, so you should be hearing from him shortly I hope.

Peace
Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good.

Oh boy, 2 hours and an alpha pics release already. Clearly I've got some of the dimensions off, like the elbows. The hips aren't quite right. The head is proving a challenge because the stock pic is so small. But it's all there. I had to intermittently stop screen shotting to tweak the model while trying to get pics up. Clearly not done yet. I'll have to play the katushai challenge as Pyros to get a closer up pic for reference.

Also, I haven't really been thinking about animating in the last mesh. Expecting a model to be animated changes out joints are designed. That "final" Shredder may need some tweaking based on how it moves. Didn't think about that earlier.

Scorpion Navy Issue
Xaronth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xavier: I took a look at the booth which got me thinking, are you going to need a dedicated website soon? If so I might be able to help.
"A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'". -Ken Masters
xavior

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xaronth wrote:
Xavier: I took a look at the booth which got me thinking, are you going to need a dedicated website soon? If so I might be able to help.

Aye, Hawki and I were just discussing this. I will probably make a ModDB page soon enough, and an actual webpage would do us good too (and forums if possible!). If you can help out in any way, please let me know Smile

Thanks!
Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I distinctly remember thinking I was quite good at this 3d thing. I remember thinking I was good at everything I did, but this might be different. =p

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that different meshes are used for the Katushai challenge render, in the game, and possibly even for the repair shop render. Maybe it's just the resolution. Like for Pyros, the location of the thrusters are lower on the hip for the righer res render, and the head seems to be different. I have to "mix" both percieved models to achieve what can only be a close but imperfect match.

This is the last update before bed. I've gotten the dimensions MUCH closer to stock. The torso, hip, and lower body totally redone and again, much closer match. The head could still use a little attention, but I'm pleased it could pass. On top of this, I've added ball and cylinder joints in this mesh in anticipation of animating it.

I remember taking a mesh just like this and totally Raven-izing the living **** out of it. Carved out hull, missing eye, meaner looking arms, gundam style legs under the skirting armor.... *ideas* Twisted Evil

Scorpion Navy Issue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> The Game All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: