OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oh lordy lordy.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GodzukiTest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Oh lordy lordy. Reply with quote

I was wondering where this place went??

HELLO!!!

hello

hello

hello

...there's an echo.

It seems i'm all alone.

Magnifico, Oak, Endy Lendari, FM??? Anyone???
Xaronth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha what up bro?
"A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'". -Ken Masters
GodzukiTest

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's up? haha. so what happened to this entire company and everyone involved? So much mystery. I saw a commercial for Real Steel and was inspired to check out what has been goin' on around here.
Xaronth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The company as far as I know is gone and Rob is MIA so who knows. I mean the actual site/forum that was on the omf.com domain went down so that explains a lot of it. Game was great, I had a good time playing it. Looking back, I'm sure we all have hindsight as to what would have made the game a lot better than how it turned out.

But in the end what are you gonna do? Sad There is a fan based project of a 2097 remake in the works which looks promising but there hasn't been an update in a while.
GodzukiTest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow man. That's sad. I checked out the fan project though...pretty awesome! I hope it's coming along still to some degree. I also checked out NightShadow's thread where he was on a commercial, quality entertainment there.

I shot Raptor an e-mail with some basic questions about the community, etc. I really want to know what everyone is up to these days, feeling nostalgic.
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to notice that even I am forgetting to check the forum as often as I used to. What has this world come to!

I just spent the last 30 minutes replying to your email, before checking in here, so I'll let you read that, instead of repeating myself to much. :p

Something I think I forgot to mention in the mail though:

One of the reasons we had a community before omf:bg was released, or even close enough to release that there was anything to talk about at all, was that omf2097 was such a heavy cult classic, that most of the early community was omf2097 community, holding out many years after the release of the game.

OMF:BG obviously didn't hit quite as well (in any terms, really). And as such we don't get the lingering cult classic appeal that omf2097 has, to bring people to keep the community lively. The forums have steadily declined since shortly after release.

/rant
SirHandsome

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No mention of poptarts?

I think you're an imposter
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: Oh lordy lordy. Reply with quote

GodzukiTest wrote:
Magnifico, Oak, Endy Lendari, FM??? Anyone???

Well, thought I'd reply to this bit:

SirHandsome = Magnifico, just in case you didn't notice. He keeps chaning nicknames all the time (ever 3 years or so! The impudence!)

I haven't seen Oak or Endy in a long while, Magnifico might know about Oak, no idea about Endy.

Flaming Monkey should still be lurking about, somewhere.
GodzukiTest

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey yo, magnifico eh?

What the hell is new?

My good man. It has been said many a time: "Heroes are remembered, but Pop-Tarts never die." I have a pack of Smores Pop-Tarts in my apartment right now. They never have left me, nor have I left them.

Well hopefully over the next year or so more people check in, or maybe i'll just start hunting everyone down.
Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me creeps out of obscurity

Hey godzuki, good to see you're still kicking around.

Leader of the Forgotten Clan
Laptop Bunny Stats
()_() Mobility Radeon HD 5870
( ._.) Intel Core i7 1.6GHz (720QM)
((")(") 8 GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64Bit
GodzukiTest

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What up Ghoul. How's [FT] doing hahahaha. Seriously though, how the hell is everyone doing? Occupation? Location? So much curiosity. I think I might re-install my old copy if anyone wants to play!!! Would be awesome.
Xaronth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been told it doesn't work on Windows 7 so I've avoided reinstalling it. I really want the soundtrack though but x-bot's site doesn't have everything like the training level song.

I'm going to look for Saul on facebook and ask him for mp3z
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my, you aren't going to start an A/S/L(/O) thread now are you ? That would be so last century rad!

Ah well, just for fun, I'll bite.

30/male (well no change there!)/ Norway, Porsgrunn (Probably moving soon though)/ Security Guard on the paper, in effect I'm 95% storage worker and 5% ship-crew.

Spend half of my time at work reading sci-fi and fantasy novels, and the rest spinning in circles with the fork lift, making certain that Norway's most popular shop (the TaxFree!) is continually stocked with all the most important things of a norwegian household! (Alcohol, candy and tobacoo. How would the world go round withouth ?).

And wasting most of my money on more books and novels, as well as some warmachine models. Can't complain, heck I rather like it.
GodzukiTest

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not gonna lie. The "Crystal" theme or whatever from BG was a real badass song.

That sucks it won't function on 7! I'm surprised nobody has figured out how to make that work yet.

That's funny raptor, spinning around of forklifts and what not haha. Do you have a Taser or some sort of weapon to make it known you are a security guard? haha. I to read science fiction novels. Well, I wouldn't exactly call them 'fiction' because they are claimed to be non-fiction. Stories like Whitley Streiber's "Communion," "Our Haunted Planet," and any Jacquee Vallee novel. As you can tell most of my obsession lies in UFO and Alien Phenomena. I'm basically just a giant paranormal/conspiracy buff, any conspiracy i'll be into it. I have a hard time believing them, but I love anything that encourages a human to think differently.

As for work it's mostly stock-related and a little bit of real estate. I currently work for the government as a property manager for public housing. I got a job offer from a nationwide commercial real estate firm for after the school year, and also an offer from a finance firm I used to work at in center city. I'm probably going to do neither and work the public markets solo as a day-trader and try to show the firms who's the real boss Cool haha.
Xaronth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GodzukiTest wrote:
Stories like Whitley Streiber's "Communion," "Our Haunted Planet," and any Jacquee Vallee novel. As you can tell most of my obsession lies in UFO and Alien Phenomena. I'm basically just a giant paranormal/conspiracy buff, any conspiracy i'll be into it. I have a hard time believing them, but I love anything that encourages a human to think differently..

I read Communion last year. I currently have Our Haunted Planet on my bookshelf waiting to be read (I love Keel!) and I recently read Passport to Magonia by Jacque Vallee. Ufology is my favorite subject. In other words, we should talk haha.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: