OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The GAME!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: The GAME! Reply with quote

You visited this thread. You are now required to log in and post in it once today. If you're the last poster in the thread, you're exempt from the rule.

So are there any good fighting games out for PC?

Scorpion Navy Issue
killer_roach

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlazBlue is out for PC, although it's only the initial version (Calamity Trigger)... Continuum Shift (or CS II) aren't on PC.

Your best bet might be Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition.

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh? There are still games for PC ?

Well, I was pondering the hilarity of buying Fork Lift Simulator, just to try it and laugh hysterically at it. But I resisted the impulse. I haven't bought much for the PC at all in years.

Still playing most on the DS, in fact I did splurge myself with a DSI XL right before christmas, just for the larger screens. And been busy playing Rune Factory 2 the last 2 or 3 weeks now (Damn you pineapples!).

Oh yeah, I installed a DOS emulation software on my DSTWO card on the DS, and tried to fire up OMF, but the dang thing lacked several OP codes. No go.
killer_roach

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, most of what I've been buying lately has been from sales on Steam, but it's still enough that I have had to dedicate a 2TB hard drive to my Steam folder...

While I'm not particularly sweating the cost, I just wish I had the time to play everything I've acquired. On the bright side, I don't feel bad about trolling sales, since basically every publisher's gotten my money on a semi-frequent basis, lol.

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
takuban

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using GOG.com lately, but most of the stuff is older. That's where I got The Witcher 2 (awesomesauce BTW).

I mainly play my 360 though.
Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killer_roach wrote:
Yeah, most of what I've been buying lately has been from sales on Steam, but it's still enough that I have had to dedicate a 2TB hard drive to my Steam folder...

While I'm not particularly sweating the cost, I just wish I had the time to play everything I've acquired. On the bright side, I don't feel bad about trolling sales, since basically every publisher's gotten my money on a semi-frequent basis, lol.

My 2TB HDD isn't "dedicated" to steam, but a massive chunk of it is in my steam folder. My alternate 1 TB is dedicated to steam and holds all the backups. Steam needs to team up with Newegg or something and offer deals on hard drives. Especially this time of year with ~75-90% off bundle packs.

Random subject change! Minecraft or Terraria?

Scorpion Navy Issue
killer_roach

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

takuban wrote:
I've been using GOG.com lately, but most of the stuff is older. That's where I got The Witcher 2 (awesomesauce BTW).

For me it's mostly been the PC and PS3, with the 360 still getting a fair bit of uptime (mostly for Forza 4).

Still need a proper computer workstation, though... my computer setup is slightly ergonomically deficient.

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
Xaronth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought Portal 2 on a steam sale but I haven't had time to play. I've been playing Battle for Wesnoth though which is a cool free strategy (three adjectives!) game. I've been trying to find more great games that run under Linux but I guess there aren't much.

Actually I'll be buying a cheapo server soon because at my work place we get free bandwidth. What game deserves a dedicated server? OMFBG?

And yes SF4:AE is the best fighting game on PC. Cool
killer_roach

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xaronth wrote:
I just bought Portal 2 on a steam sale but I haven't had time to play. I've been playing Battle for Wesnoth though which is a cool free strategy (three adjectives!) game. I've been trying to find more great games that run under Linux but I guess there aren't much.

Actually I'll be buying a cheapo server soon because at my work place we get free bandwidth. What game deserves a dedicated server? OMFBG?

And yes SF4:AE is the best fighting game on PC. Cool

My problem? I've got all these nice games on a high-end desktop, and what am I doing? Playing a bunch of indie games on my laptop. As soon as I get sick of one batch, some other website offers a new bundle deal... keep up on all the stuff being run, and it's a lot of gaming on the cheap.

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
takuban

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killer_roach wrote:
takuban wrote:

For me it's mostly been the PC and PS3, with the 360 still getting a fair bit of uptime (mostly for Forza 4).

Still need a proper computer workstation, though... my computer setup is slightly ergonomically deficient.

I just got Forza 4. So I'll likely be playing that mostly. I use my PS3 as a bluray player and nothing much else. However, I've been trying to use all of my free time to advance side projects of stuff I'm working on. If I end up doing anything notable, I'll be sure to post info about it on here for the few people that still visit the site. Wink
killer_roach

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

takuban wrote:
killer_roach wrote:
takuban wrote:

I just got Forza 4. So I'll likely be playing that mostly. I use my PS3 as a bluray player and nothing much else. However, I've been trying to use all of my free time to advance side projects of stuff I'm working on. If I end up doing anything notable, I'll be sure to post info about it on here for the few people that still visit the site. Wink

Between my laptop, my desktop, and my PS3, I have the ability to play Blu-Ray movies pretty much wherever.

That being said, realizing in retrospect that buying a Blu-Ray drive for my laptop two and a half years ago was likely a dumb idea, as, had I taken a couple of lesser options on that machine, I could have an all-new laptop by now.

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That being said, realizing in retrospect that buying a Blu-Ray drive for my laptop two and a half years ago was likely a dumb idea, as, had I taken a couple of lesser options on that machine, I could have an all-new laptop by now.

I have never owned a laptop, in spite of wanting one since the Pentium 3. My philosophy of waiting until tech is both well established and cheap is either working for or against me since all the functionality I'd need out of a laptop is now found in tablets. [/quote]

Scorpion Navy Issue
killer_roach

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, I was looking for something mobile that I could do video editing and data analysis on. As a result I probably overpaid for the fastest CPU I could get in a laptop at the time (2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo), but it holds its own today.

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
Raven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have any comment on that, but I have to post. Very tired.

Scorpion Navy Issue
takuban

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I bought my first laptop, I made the mistake and went for power. I should have gone for battery life and light weight. For any serious business, I will use a desktop. For tuning my car or other random things away from home, that's when I want to be able to turn the laptop on and use it for more than 20 minutes.

Also, I will never buy a Toshiba laptop again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: