OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jaguar HAR Action Figures - Want!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhreakyByNature

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Jaguar HAR Action Figures - Want! Reply with quote

A project a guy is doing for his course in Product Design Studies at the Art Center College of Design, Pasadena, California - found on Instagram as I searched for #omf2097:

More of his work here:

www.neeel.com

Very Happy
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sorry! I forgot to reply earlier...

Love it, where do I order one ? Does he make any other than Jaguar (Grr!) ?
PhreakyByNature

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can do it with a 3D Printer :p
takuban

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty cool. It looks like his project was about design of the card, plastic section and prototype. I doubt the figure is articulated. But still super cool.
neeel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys, sorry for the long delay in replying to you all. Yes it was a school project, but not in packaging. It a solidworks and prototyping class, it was about learning to use the program and then use the 3d printers. this guy is printed out of starch and i just threw together the packaging for fun. I'm in school for product design but am specifically interested in toy design. This summer i'll be working at mattel designing toys for them. But...i would very much like to complete the entire set of OMF bots and make the articulated. If anybody here knows solid modeling and would like to help that would be awsome! or even if you do graphic design and can do box art or packaging that would be great. This is such a great game i'd like to pay homage to it :)

https://www.facebook.com/NEEELcoDesigns?ref=hl

here is a link to my facebook, its like a WIP page, i have all my current projects posted here, unlike my webpage. hit me up if anybody is interested in helping me with this project. you'll get credit for what ever work you do!
takuban

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone has the models, you just need to export them in the proper .stl format for the 3d printers to be able to make them. I can export them in .stl for you. I don't have the models, or I'd make them for you.
neeel

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i could figure out how to extract them i would do it. some googling may be in order...
Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know that feel you get when you had modeled all the HARs in 3d for one of the many revival projects and lost them? I know that feel. I feel that feel now. It's a bad feel. I wanted them to amount to something other than hand-posed screenshots so badly, and now I don't even have Wings3D installed.

The biggest problem is articulating the joints. Some of the models are OK as is, but others will need a complete re-design. Pyros for example has no shoulder joints. Shadow IIRC had some serious clipping issues getting it's in-game range of motion.I can't believe I remember this **** after a decade. I can't believe I still auto asterisk out swearing too.

Long story short, give up on the dream of Gundam style OMF2097 toys with articulating joints. The models are physically impossible to function outside of a PC. They'll need a 21st century update before that happens.

Scorpion Navy Issue
Malfrex
Ancient One

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're use of asterisks are hurting my sensitive eyes - they can't tolerate that blatant abuse of language!

As for the models, I still have a decent chunk of them... sad, I know. Same with the pilot bios I did a decade ago, and ended up having ~20 or so used in the game. They were mostly bad...

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
i7 3770k (will OC @4.5Ghz)
2x8GB G.SKILL DDR3-2600
MSI 7970 3GB
Crucial M4 128GB
~7.4TB RAID 5 (3x 4TB)
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually bought one of those posable Gundam model kits this year (it was even fun to assemble!), and sure, I can see why it would be hell to design anything similar to that, but I also think that is going a tad overboard! :p I think even just static standing figures in a cool pose from the game could be neat. But yes, hard without the models I know.

Hmm, most of the Gundam robots follows much stricter to the humanoid style, and usually makes certain to leave arms and legs clear in the usual directions. Some of them have lots of weird stuff sticking out in every odd direction, but most of that is on the back or similarly out of the way for the most part. And I still think that Macross's Veritech Fighter 1 is probably the most awesome display piece ever!

And I just noticed that I probably have the picture of the Gundam model on the other puter, so can't pester you with that just now. I'll remedy that later :p I even bought two more than I haven't gotten around to start assembling yet. Dooh.

Oh, and I don't know if I should hug or kick you two (Malf and Ravo) for sounding so down!
Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one looks pretty well articulated if you can stop raging at what it is long enough to inspect it.

Scorpion Navy Issue
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh! Funny! So they mixed Unit 01 from Neon Genesis Evangelion with a Gundam ? Looks like the swedish Gundam from G Gundam.

Actually decided today to sit down and start building up my model Zaku, sitting on my table now with chest, arms and head done. This darn thing can move every single finger in at least one or two joints.... (hated building that).
Vagab0nd
OpenOMFdev

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that an angry-clown-stormtrooper?
Malfrex
Ancient One

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raptor wrote:
Oh, and I don't know if I should hug or kick you two (Malf and Ravo) for sounding so down!

I'd really like to be upbeat, but I'm a bit disappointed my attempt to get Rob/Ryan to help get OMF: BG working again on a modern OS amounted to nada. As for the pilot bios, after looking through the background stuff and seeing some stuff I could have done better with the pseudo lore I did for Battlecast, the bios that got accepted were lacking - partly due to a limited character count, partly due to me being ~20 at the time and still needing more experience with story writing.

Its kind of like looking back on drawings etc you did when you were little - its like "aww, I remember that! ... I was kinda bad back then".

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
i7 3770k (will OC @4.5Ghz)
2x8GB G.SKILL DDR3-2600
MSI 7970 3GB
Crucial M4 128GB
~7.4TB RAID 5 (3x 4TB)
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malfrex wrote:
raptor wrote:

I'd really like to be upbeat, but I'm a bit disappointed my attempt to get Rob/Ryan to help get OMF: BG working again on a modern OS amounted to nada. As for the pilot bios, after looking through the background stuff and seeing some stuff I could have done better with the pseudo lore I did for Battlecast, the bios that got accepted were lacking - partly due to a limited character count, partly due to me being ~20 at the time and still needing more experience with story writing.

Its kind of like looking back on drawings etc you did when you were little - its like "aww, I remember that! ... I was kinda bad back then".

I get that feeling every single time I find old posts of myself, or like recently, dug up and old website of mine, and witnessed the spelling, the sentence structure, the.... everything! I'm glad I cut my hair short enough that I can't get a hold of it, or I would have ripped it all out long ago!

=OD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: