OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nexus 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malfrex
Ancient One

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Nexus 4 Reply with quote

I'm one of those lucky bastards who actually got one before Christmas... just came in yesterday. So far I'm pleased with it, although I am missing some of the tweaks that Cyanogenmod added UI-wise. It's really responsive and a notable improvement over my last phone (Nexus One). I think I'll hold off until after Christmas before I start trying to mod though Smile

Anyone else purchase one or thinking about it?

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
i7 3770k (will OC @4.5Ghz)
2x8GB G.SKILL DDR3-2600
MSI 7970 3GB
Crucial M4 128GB
~10.9TB RAID 5 (4x 4TB)
killer_roach

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Nexus 4 Reply with quote

Malfrex wrote:
I'm one of those lucky bastards who actually got one before Christmas... just came in yesterday. So far I'm pleased with it, although I am missing some of the tweaks that Cyanogenmod added UI-wise. It's really responsive and a notable improvement over my last phone (Nexus One). I think I'll hold off until after Christmas before I start trying to mod though Smile

Anyone else purchase one or thinking about it?

I've been looking at one, although I'm also considering switching over to Verizon, in which case I'd end up getting a Droid DNA, more than likely.

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PhreakyByNature

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I owned one of these within the first week of release.

Loved it. Absolutely. But returned it... Because I got a brilliant offer on a 4G LTE plan from EE in the UK and a free Galaxy Note II. It's a seriously good price I couldn't resist.

The best phone I have ever had the pleasure to use. Software wise it was immensely slick. Hardware wise it has a great build (be careful though it's slippy at the back. Rest it at an angle and it may drop!).

My initial impressions here: https://chigglesworld.wordpress.com/2013/01/04/nexus-4-and-android-4-2-the-usability-perspective/
killer_roach

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhreakyByNature wrote:
Okay, I owned one of these within the first week of release.

Loved it. Absolutely. But returned it... Because I got a brilliant offer on a 4G LTE plan from EE in the UK and a free Galaxy Note II. It's a seriously good price I couldn't resist.

The best phone I have ever had the pleasure to use. Software wise it was immensely slick. Hardware wise it has a great build (be careful though it's slippy at the back. Rest it at an angle and it may drop!).

My initial impressions here: https://chigglesworld.wordpress.com/2013/01/04/nexus-4-and-android-4-2-the-usability-perspective/

I've been looking at one, although the Note 2 is obscenely expensive Stateside. Might just end up picking up a SGS4 at this point (talk is that might be as soon as March or April).

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: