OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Other games you're playing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireFly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Other games you're playing Reply with quote

Hi everyone. Currently I'm playing King's Quest 9 The Silver Lining. And when Star Citizen comes out in 2015, I'll probably be playing that. I would be playing a game called There, but there's been a fee for some time now.

Are any of you guys still playing games?

Last edited by FireFly on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Other games you're playing Reply with quote

FireFly wrote:
Hi everyone. Currently I'm playing King's Quest 9 The Silver Lining. And when Star Citizen comes out in 2005, I'll probably be playing that. I would be playing a game called There, but there's been a fee for some time now.

Curious about the bold underlines italics part there.

Frankly I don't play much any-longer, I still occasionally sit down with Guild Wars 2, and randomly try some other games like OpenTyrian etc, but nothing coherent any-longer.[/b]
killer_roach

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Other games you're playing Reply with quote

FireFly wrote:
Hi everyone. Currently I'm playing King's Quest 9 The Silver Lining. And when Star Citizen comes out in 2015, I'll probably be playing that. I would be playing a game called There, but there's been a fee for some time now.

Hit or miss on the gaming front lately...

On PC, I've spent a lot of time playing Rogue Legacy - nearly beat it, then lost my data due to a hard drive corruption, and have been trying to get back to that point again. In other PC gaming stuff, I've been playing Risk of Rain, Infamous - Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition, and Race The Sun. Have a few other things queued up for after that.

On the PS3, I've been playing Gran Turismo 6 and GRID 2, with a little bit of Ni No Kuni every once in a while.

When I feel like powering up my Vita, it's usually for Persona 4 Golden and/or Sound Shapes. Maybe a race or two in Wipeout 2048.

Tablet... mostly Injustice, Real Racing 3, and Carmageddon.

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Last edited by killer_roach on Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
3xcl4m4t10n

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always play mame but actually i only profesional playing at jojo bizarre cps3 ver. also i play digital paintball 2, lol, grim fandando and nothing more because i need to buy a new pc.
LacticStone

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently playing Fallout Tactics. Never got a chance to play it back in the day, so now I'm giving it a shot. Played halfway through Far Cry 3, not sure if I'm going to finish it anytime soon.

Online, I play Street Fighter X Tekken on PS3, Multi Theft Auto for PC, and occasionally some Steam FPSes I have. Don't nearly game as much as I use to, but I am considering trying out Warframe in the name future.

Even though I'm not a hardcore gamer anymore, I'm really looking forward to the crowdsource-funded sequels to old games being developed like Wasteland 2, Jagged Alliance: Flashback, Satellite Reign, (Syndicate sequel) and some others.
Cyberman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's useful to have coworkers who also play games - rarely run out of games to play Smile

Recently played World of Tanks/Warplanes, Warframe, Deus Ex HR, until very recently Eve Online (decided to stop because either I'm too stupid to understand the rules/mechanics, or they're skewed to favor one-sided "pvp"), and many more small games.
Steam also helps - too often cheap games worth a shot Smile
(Of course, that can go wrong too - recently bought Carnage Racing - sure, it's fun, but I reget spending 5 Euro for it.)

Also re-installed OMF 2097 again. Would like to play BG as well, but don't know how on Windows 7 Sad

I think I still have Guild Wars 2 installed, but I don't really play that anymore. Too annoyed with how little of Guild Wars (1) there is left of it, apart from the name.
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically speaking, I've been sitting playing a good bit of OMF2097 last few days. Which is to say I've been sitting with the game on the old laptop in 2-player mode, and testing a whole lot of stuff.

On the positive side, we have now figured out how the point/score system works so Vagabond can implement it, and we're a few steps closer to figuring out how the Combo system does NOT work in them darn .AF files...

On the positive side to that, I think I have figured out every single move that combos into another move for Jaguar now.
Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyberman wrote:
Recently played World of Tanks/Warplanes, Warframe, Deus Ex HR, until very recently Eve Online (decided to stop because either I'm too stupid to understand the rules/mechanics, or they're skewed to favor one-sided "pvp"), and many more small games.

It's just you. Eve is significantly more complex than other MMO's because PVP tactics are made by players. You either join a corp that will teach you how to PVP and then spend months perfecting it, or you go it alone and spend a year losing ships to improve yourself. You can always join a blob corp that fights using numbers, but that's boring.
Red Versus Blue is a good place to start with PVP. Lots of people who also don't know anything making a complete mess with frigates. Lots of fun. I did that until the ISK ran out.

Let me think, I did put a good bit of money into the Steam Christmas sale. Payday 2, Starbound, and Space Engineers. (SE I will pick back up as soon as LAN multiplayer is implemented because space demolition derby)

Trackmania 2 Stadium has been the biggest time sink and source of swearing for me in a long time.

Scorpion Navy Issue
Cyberman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Eve is significantly more complex than other MMO's because PVP tactics are made by players.

The problem is, I wasn't doing any PVP per se, but rather PVE. Until I got PVPed (or, ganked) at least once through a bug/horrible game mechanic - mobile tractor unit was attacked (no concord! apparently intended) and my drones(aggressive because of mission jammers) thought it was a good idea to attack that player (hence I was free to be attacked myself and promptly destroyed, because a PVE fitting doesn't hold long against a PVP fitting and I panicked and didn't think of firing back).
Naturally, friends were unable to reproduce that series of events - so all I have to vouch for it is that it happened not just to me and the GM agreed that it's a bug and returned my ship (minus dropped modules, of course).
(Of course, perhaps the GM simply didn't care and decided it's easier to just return the ship. In which case I'd be angry, because I don't care about the ship, I want to be able to trust the rules, which I followed as far as I can tell.)

[edit]Eh, sorry about the ranting, miserable day at work and still sore from Eve...
Malfrex
Ancient One

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyberman wrote:
Would like to play BG as well, but don't know how on Windows 7

That one is a no go. OMF: BG doesn't run on anything newer than XP, doesn't run in a VM, etc. It'll install, you can "run" it, but the menu doesn't work because of the way they coded up input that apparently they didn't foresee MS changing. I've tried to talk to Ryan/Rob about getting code or some means to fix it but it didn't pan out.

As for games I'm playing now my "regular" games are basically Heroes of Newerth/Strife (beta), Rust, Battlefield 4, a little SC2. For single player I'm finishing up Season 1 of the Walking Dead, Tomb Raider, and other quick pickup games like Rogue Legacy etc.

Everything is PC Smile master race!!!

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
i7 3770k (will OC @4.5Ghz)
2x8GB G.SKILL DDR3-2600
MSI 7970 3GB
Crucial M4 128GB
~10.9TB RAID 5 (4x 4TB)
3xcl4m4t10n

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we can start a kickstarter in order to get the code of bg or a remake Laughing
Malfrex
Ancient One

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent a message to Ryan - we'll see if he responds this time. I sent him a link to openomf to see if that'll help entice Rob to open up to the handful of us trying to keep OMF alive...

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
i7 3770k (will OC @4.5Ghz)
2x8GB G.SKILL DDR3-2600
MSI 7970 3GB
Crucial M4 128GB
~10.9TB RAID 5 (4x 4TB)
Xaronth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently working on Assassin's Creed 3. I picked up the Devil May Cry reboot during the winter steam sale. It's next on my list, any good?
"A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'". -Ken Masters
Raven

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyberman wrote:
The problem is, I wasn't doing any PVP per se, but rather PVE. Until I got PVPed (or, ganked) at least once through a bug/horrible game mechanic - mobile tractor unit was attacked (no concord! apparently intended) and my drones(aggressive because of mission jammers) thought it was a good idea to attack that player (hence I was free to be attacked myself and promptly destroyed, because a PVE fitting doesn't hold long against a PVP fitting and I panicked and didn't think of firing back).

GMs in EVE are like that. Most of the time you won't get your ship back even. I've lost at least one multi million isk Raven and quite a few Drakes to lag or disconnects. The first few ships are the worst, but eventually it's just ISK, and ISK comes easily in high sec PVE.

I did some digging on Google, apparently those MTUs are borderline broken and good for some serious trolling. I'd stick with a Noctis or a massive DPS Marauder + salvage drones for a while.

Hotkey your drones. I usually put F9 and F11 (I think) as "kill target" and "return to drone bay". Next time pull the drones the moment you don't need them. If someone warps on grid and starts pulling wrecks then just blue the wrecks, making them free to loot and salvage without setting aggro. Ninjas want your ship, and they get pissy and leave when you deny them the chance to use aggro mechanics against you.

Sorry. Bittervet showing through.

Malfrex wrote:
PC master race!!!

The joke's on you, today's epic GET went to the little girls in /a/.

Scorpion Navy Issue
Ori Klein

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been stuck in Warframe for the good portion of the year.

A side project game that may never finish. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: