OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Other games you're playing
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ori Klein

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malfrex wrote:
Cyberman wrote:
Would like to play BG as well, but don't know how on Windows 7

That one is a no go. OMF: BG doesn't run on anything newer than XP, doesn't run in a VM, etc. It'll install, you can "run" it, but the menu doesn't work because of the way they coded up input that apparently they didn't foresee MS changing.

It runs on my system. But except the binded movement keys it doesn't recognize keyboard input as said.
So I can use mouse to initiate a game and fight my way through, so basically I can play, but I can't press "ESC" to pull up the option menu or change how many bots I want in my hosted game, server name/port, so on anything that requires manual input.
Only way to abort out of a game is to alt+f4 or windows key the manually shut the process down.
Which is pissant to say the least

Sad

Only way to play it is install another partition with WinXP (which means 4GB of RAM going to the trash bin and OMF choking up when banmeplease gets serious and spammy on particles).

A side project game that may never finish. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: