OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some OMF:BG music mixes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MageKing17

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Some OMF:BG music mixes. Reply with quote

Lately, I've been experimenting with the beta mod tools. I have not (yet) managed to extract the .SGT files from the Music*.DEObjects files. I have, however, figured out how to play arbitrary sample sequences, and subsequently took advantage of this (and recording in Audacity) to make some new mixes of some of the BG music. I've shared these with the IRC crowd, but I thought it might be nice to make a post about them here, too.
  • Snakeirons #Winning Mix - The regular Snakeirons MP3 spends most of its time in "losing" samples; this mix uses "winning" samples instead.
  • Snakeirons Extended #Winning Mix - Slightly longer version of the above; includes literally every non-transition "winning" sample in the file. I like the ending better as well.
  • Where The Mind Is (Failure Mix) - As the name suggests, spends most of its time in "losing" samples; basically an inversion of the above, and for WTMI instead of Snakeirons.
  • Rebellion (Failure Mix) - Ditto, but for Rebellion.
  • Executor (Mix of Confusion) - Very long, somewhat eclectic mix that spends most of its time "tied", goes to "losing badly", and then switches to "winning handily", entering and leaving "running out of time" samples multiple times.
  • Crystal Cold (Turnabout Iceberg Mix) - Starts out losing, transitions into winning handily, then slides back into tied as time starts running out, then pulls back into a win at the end.
  • Song Nine - The Blast Furnace theme, which never got an official teaser; this mix goes through "tied", "winning", and "winning as time runs out" samples.

Last edited by MageKing17 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can confirm, is awesome. Listening to these the last couple of days! *^_^*

Where The Mind Is, is steadily becoming my favorite, this version is just as chaotic as always.
MageKing17

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added a new Crystal Cold mix to the collection.
PhreakyByNature

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my I'll obtain these when I'm home!
MageKing17

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feeling in a BG mood lately (for some reason), so have an MP3 version of Song Nine, the Blast Furnace theme that never got an official teaser.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: