OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Board Format?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toxic Toast

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: New Board Format? Reply with quote

Just checking how many posts i've got...
sanity1a

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: New Board Format? Reply with quote

you should probably delete that message now then

------------------
"no private detective looks like a private detective, that's one of the first rules of private detection"
"but if no private detective looks likea private detective how do you know what it is he's not supposed to look like? seems like there's a problem there"
"yes, but it's not one that keeps me awake at nights." / the long dark tea time of th soul by douglas adams
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/sanity1a" TARGET=_blank>site</A> <A HREF="http://mailto:[email protected]" TARGET=_blank>mail</A>
sanity1a

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: New Board Format? Reply with quote

this is clearly PCIS the small dog said to thor, god of thunder, and all that other crap

------------------
"no private detective looks like a private detective, that's one of the first rules of private detection"
"but if no private detective looks likea private detective how do you know what it is he's not supposed to look like? seems like there's a problem there"
"yes, but it's not one that keeps me awake at nights." / the long dark tea time of th soul by douglas adams
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/sanity1a" TARGET=_blank>site</A> <A HREF="http://mailto:[email protected]" TARGET=_blank>mail</A>
X-BoT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: New Board Format? Reply with quote

This must either be a feature enabled or an addon for UBB, because the board's version is still the same.

------------------
.NeutralX-BoT|:.
<A HREF="http://icubenetwork.com/set" TARGET=_blank>SET Member</A>

[ X-BoT's OMF Universe ] [ System Specs ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Icewing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: New Board Format? Reply with quote

There are a great deal of UBB features that this particular board simply never had enabled. How much do you really need, anyway?
iambobsushi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: New Board Format? Reply with quote

I would guess that this was enabled to show the flood of newbies the true vetrans of the board.

Btw...I want Avatars!
TwistedSanity666

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: New Board Format? Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Onslaught:
Why those old topics haven't changed?

You need to post in them, before they will change!

------------------
"You both tried your best and miserably failed, so the moral of it all is that, never try" - Homer Simpson

TSDCLXVI - TwistedSanity666
QnEkE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: New Board Format? Reply with quote

NO!!!!! No avatars, think about the people with a low resolution...
sound : Sounblaster Audigy Player
Memory : Samsung 512 DDR PC2700
mobo : Epox 8K9A (Via KT400)
Eturnal-rest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: New Board Format? Reply with quote

Avatars are cool. But they still arw often way to big(especially if you have a low resolution).

That post thingy is cool
John Durden

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: New Board Format? Reply with quote

Avatars are cool, on the board I'm writting for my personal site, you can have them, but they have to be a certain size to fix the problem people have with low resolutions

------------------
hJon urDned
rvDiesosin trenEtinaenmt

only the freakish survive
stone101

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: New Board Format? Reply with quote

Did you make this patch, John?

------------------
Dosshell is the best version of Windoze
[peer]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: New Board Format? Reply with quote

Avatars are Kill Death Hell Murder. The reason for this is because most people that I've seen with avatars have them being fugly animations of Goku that are so high-quality as to include every single frame of his 32-colour fireball attack sequence in glorious unoptimised 256 colour detail, or fugly things set to the wrong transparency.

------------------
[peer]
"I couldn't think of anything stupid, so I put something dumb instead."
--Khalal

Windows XP Professional
AMD AthlonXP 1800+, 1.53 GHz
192 MB SDRAM
ASUS V8440 GeForce4 Ti4400 with 128MB VRAM
ADSL
Microsoft SideWinder Gamepad
Icewing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: New Board Format? Reply with quote

Yeah, I've seen those too.

Someone could make a 3.5 meg animated gif of Godizlla fightig Ghidora or something and post that as an avatar. The Bandwidth Killer type, I believe we should remember that.
Raven

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: New Board Format? Reply with quote

Over at GCXL, we have that problem. It's *really* easy to fix using PHP. You just check the width, height, and filesize- if it fits, let it in, if not, too bad. Here are some of the GCXL avatars currently in use:
[img]http://forums.gamecubexl.com/avatar.php?userid=322&dateline=998261961[/img] [img]http://forums.gamecubexl.com/avatar.php?userid=1335&dateline=1008353802[/img] [img]http://forums.gamecubexl.com/avatar.php?userid=2320&dateline=1012948282[/img]

Scorpion Navy Issue
Raven

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: New Board Format? Reply with quote

The new additions to the member names isn't part of the original script. It can't be. They show up on all of them pages, which is generally something that CGI won't do, becuase it's already written most of the pages. This was most likely an addition one of DE made in pure boredom.

- And Godzilla was fighting DESTOROYAH! Not Ghidora, DESTOROYAH! ^_-

[This message has been edited by Raven (edited 02-08-2002).]

Scorpion Navy Issue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> The Game All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: