OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i'm writing this from school
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sanity1a

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 4:56 pm    Post subject: i'm writing this from school Reply with quote

well, i guess that sums it up

btw, im on a mac

------------------
"no private detective looks like a private detective, that's one of the first rules of private detection"
"but if no private detective looks likea private detective how do you know what it is he's not supposed to look like? seems like there's a problem there"
"yes, but it's not one that keeps me awake at nights." / the long dark tea time of th soul by douglas adams
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/sanity1a" TARGET=_blank>site</A> <A HREF="http://mailto:[email protected]" TARGET=_blank>mail</A>
Plugo2K

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: i'm writing this from school Reply with quote

you're at school on a mac.

and...
XP Home, DirectX 9.0c, ADSL
Proud Beta Tester of The First On-Line 3D Fighting Game that is trying really hard not to suck.
Worf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: i'm writing this from school Reply with quote

I think this is a common case of "Posting for the sake of posting"
Mogusha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: i'm writing this from school Reply with quote

Or perhaps his school doens't have computers... that would make it a good reason to post
Yaycheese45

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: i'm writing this from school Reply with quote

Why on earth would any school use macs?
Mogusha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: i'm writing this from school Reply with quote

1) nobody knows how to code for them so no real worry of hackers or viruses
2) the school doesn't have to spend time in deciding what to get since there is a small selection available only.
3) the computers are much easier to use for the computer illiterate.
And the list goes on..
sanity1a

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: i'm writing this from school Reply with quote

...because my computing teacher is anti microsoft he said that bill gates was in nz fising about a month ago, how the hell would he know that unless he was "observing" through a sniper's scope.

yes, it probably PCIS

------------------
"no private detective looks like a private detective, that's one of the first rules of private detection"
"but if no private detective looks likea private detective how do you know what it is he's not supposed to look like? seems like there's a problem there"
"yes, but it's not one that keeps me awake at nights." / the long dark tea time of th soul by douglas adams
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/sanity1a" TARGET=_blank>site</A> <A HREF="http://mailto:[email protected]" TARGET=_blank>mail</A>
X-BoT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: i'm writing this from school Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Mogusha:
1) nobody knows how to code for them so no real worry of hackers or viruses
2) the school doesn't have to spend time in deciding what to get since there is a small selection available only.
3) the computers are much easier to use for the computer illiterate.
And the list goes on..

LOL
I remember my school's computers. They were the lousiest PCs and people would mess them up really bad. Well, I showed the computer teacher some protection and he made me admin

------------------
.NeutralX-BoT|:.
<A HREF="http://icubenetwork.com/set" TARGET=_blank>SET Member</A>

[ X-BoT's OMF Universe ] [ System Specs ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
alanm26

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: i'm writing this from school Reply with quote

A lot of schools have mac's because they can get them at a very low educational price or even for free. My one school used to have this program called "apples for the students" where you collected grocery store reciepts and earned free mac stuff for your school. They're hoping that if the kids are learning on macs then they'll keep using them and buy them later in life.
WinXP Pro
Cable Internet
Crashed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: i'm writing this from school Reply with quote

And yet again a beautiful example of an utterly useless post changing into a serious message thread.
Sapphire Radeon 9800SE AIW @ Pro, 128 MB RAM, 2048/320 ADSL
Thanatos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: i'm writing this from school Reply with quote

My school has a Mac lab, 2 PC labs, and an apple lab (technically, a teacher salvaged the schools apple's years ago because he made quite a few programs for them). I've used the Mac lab once to play Odell Down Under for science (we were doing some ocean stuff in biology)

Wow! the site is showing Post count and registration dates now! I have the fewest posts and have been the longest member in this topic

[This message has been edited by Thanatos (edited 02-08-2002).]
"Until and unless you discover that money is the root of all good, you ask for your own destruction. When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns-or dollars. Take your choice-there is no other-and your time is running out."
-Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
[peer]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: i'm writing this from school Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Worf:
I think my school has 1 ghz celerons, they might be 533 mhz, but I think they are 1 ghz with 384 megs of ram. My school also has a different computer lab with macs, but it doesn't get very busy in there.

Stop bragging. Please. Or, conversely, send one of those PC labs to my school via helicopter or something.

------------------
[peer]
"I couldn't think of anything stupid, so I put something dumb instead."
--Khalal

Windows XP Professional
AMD AthlonXP 1800+, 1.53 GHz
192 MB SDRAM
ASUS V8440 GeForce4 Ti4400 with 128MB VRAM
ADSL
Microsoft SideWinder Gamepad
Icewing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: i'm writing this from school Reply with quote

*cough*UT-LANparty*cough* darn straight, d00d.
Cyberman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: i'm writing this from school Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Thanatos:
Wow! the site is showing Post count and registration dates now! I have the fewest posts and have been the longest member in this topic

How come? Did you sign up and lose your password?
Robyrt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: i'm writing this from school Reply with quote

Hehe, I love going to a tech school... last year we had Q3A and Half-Life tournaments going on simultaneously
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> The Game All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: